Environmental Services/Housekeeping Aide
TITLE: Environmental Services/Housekeeping Aide
DEPARTMENT: Environmental Services
STATUS: Full Time (32 hours per week)
HOURS: Variable shift schedules to meet department staffing needs. Low Census may be required in response to workload demand.
- High School graduate or equivalent, preferred
- One year previous housekeeping/environmental services experience in a health care setting, preferred
- Knowledge of infection control, standard precautions and sanitation methods, preferred
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting
- Self-directed and has ability to prioritize
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, patients, families, physicians and other support personnel.
- Supports and contributes to the total hospital system by maintaining hospital-wide perspective and serving on department/hospital committees as requested.
- Ability to influence the direction of Environmental Services by maintaining a positive perspective and attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a stressful situation while maintaining composure and excellence in the delivery of services.
- Ability to promote and adapt to change in order to keep current with Environmental Services.
- Ability to apply the principles of excellence and quality services in the Environmental Services department.
- Evidence of a sense of responsibility, initiative, honesty and positive attitude.
- Knowledge and ability to understand and demonstrate housekeeping principles as relate to providing for sanitary environment.
- Knowledge and ability to understand hospital laundry services.
- Knowledge and ability to learn the safe use of equipment and chemicals used in the department.
Performs cleaning functions in various areas. Maintains these areas in a clean and orderly fashion to provide an environment conducive to patient recovery, in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Performs all assigned tasks effectively, in a responsible team environment. Performs routine cleaning, vacuuming, mopping of departments, restrooms, lobbies, hallways, stairways, office areas and associated locations. Collects office, patient, bio-hazard trash, and soiled linen from receptacles and disposes into designated areas. Utilizes appropriate chemicals and supplies according to manufacturer directions and department/hospital policy and procedure. Uses and maintains department equipment properly. Assists visitors with directions and maintains patient confidentiality. Follows all Infection Control practices, including bio-hazard waste handling, hand washing techniques, and standard or isolation precautions. Maintains a high quality standard while performing job duties. Provides laundry items to patient areas.
Send Resumes/Applications to: Carrie Krampits – Director of Human Resources
Date of Posting: April 17, 2018 – April 24, 2018
Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic
Title: Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic
Department: Sanilac Ambulance
Hours: Full Time – Flexible hours required. Requires weekend and holiday rotation. Requires being located within four (4) minutes of ambulance rig, Hours may be adjusted in response to workload demands.
- High School Graduate
- Completion of an approved Emergency Medical Technician Licensing program and fulfillment of periodic relicensing requirements.
- Valid Michigan Drivers License
- Current Michigan Paramedic License with required renewals
- Current ACLS Certification with recertification as required
- Current BLS Certification with recertification as required
- One year of Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic experience desired.
- Knowledge of current Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic standards of practice.
- Knowledge of current Sanilac County EMS protocols, required.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, patients, families, physicians and all other support hospital & external personnel.
- Ability to function in a leadership position by: Serving as a resource person and assuming leadership role in emergency/crisis situation
- Ability to influence the direction of professional Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic practice by maintaining a positive perspective/attitude and participation in the promotion of change to keep current with Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic profession.
- Organized and has the ability to manage multiple tasks in a stressful situation while maintaining composure and excellence in the delivery of Emergency Medical Technician: Paramedic services.
- Exemplary critical thinking, and technical skills essential to job.
- Ability to provide and promote excellence in the delivery of services to both internal and external customers.
- Desire to be part of a health care team dedicated to providing the community and patient’s optimal care and excellent service.
- A sense of responsibility, initiative, honesty and a positive attitude.
- Good mental and physical health, professional conduct, and good hygiene.
- Ability to communicate in speech, reading and writing in the English language
- Computer skills desired.
With limited supervision and broad general direction, the primary responsibility is to provide Advanced Emergency Medical Services to patients at a level commensurate with Paramedic licensure status, according to pertinent standards of care, medical control authority standards and hospital policy. Communicates with other employees, department directors, physicians and professional staff at various health care facilities during delivery or pickup of patients; Has frequent direct patient contact and frequent contact with other Emergency Response members, Medical Control Authority and bystanders, friends, families, etc.
Send Resume/Application to: Carrie Krampits, Director of Human Resources, McKenzie Health System – 120 Delaware St., Sandusky, MI 48471
Date posting Effective: April 10, 2018 through April 16, 2018.
MLT/MT (Full Time, Nights)
POSITION POSTING: Title: Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT)
Status: Full Time – Nights – Requires weekend and holiday rotation
Hours: Hours may be adjusted in response to workload demands. Low census may be utilized in accordance with hospital policy.
- Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology or National Certification through one of the following: American Society for Clinical Pathology, American Medical Technologists, American Association of Bioanalysts or National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel.
- One year hospital laboratory experience, desirable.
- Experience with various laboratory equipment to allow for varied sector assignments, preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to establish effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, patients, families, physicians and all other support hospital & external personnel
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities, using time efficiently.
- Ability to identify and resolve task related problems in a timely manner; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Demonstrates ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates ability to focus on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Able to write clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information (English Language).
- Ability to exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Respectful and considerate of others regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Director and the Laboratory Medical Director, the Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs: multiple automated and manual tests; Assess specimens for correct handling and quality; perform and evaluate quality control; perform periodic maintenance and assist in calibration of instruments; communicate information healthcare providers. Perform clinical laboratory testing in multiple areas of the laboratory in a proficient, knowledgeable manner following routine laboratory standards/practices and hospital policies and procedures. Works closely with inpatient and outpatient customers; frequent person to person contact with the public, other employees within the department and other employees throughout the Hospital.
Send Resumes/Applications to: Carrie Krampits, Director of Human Resources
Date Posted: December 27, 2017 thru January 2, 2018.
Application for Employment
Submit by Mail
120 Delaware St.,
Sandusky, MI 48471,
Submit by Fax
Submit by Email: email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
McKenzie Health System is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
McKenzie Health System partners with neighboring educational facilities to encourage individuals interested in health care professions. Opportunities for unpaid externships are available for medical assistants, laboratory, x-ray, health information management, billing and a variety of other departments. For questions about externships contact Human Resources 810-648-3770.